NSO virtual concerts are currently available free and viewable here. Click on concert video play button, and click on bottom-right Full screen icon. Donations are greatly appreciated!
Our next concert is in:
Next Concert at 3pm
February 28, 2021 Celebrating Our Youth
Joseph Haydn, Cello Concerto No. 1 in C-Major (H.VIIb:1): I – Moderato
Samuel Kim, cello
Gustav Mahler, Symphony No. 5: IV – Adagietto. Sehr langsam
William Walton,Viola Concerto: I – Andante comodo
Zoe Yost, viola
W.A. Mozart, Symphony No. 35, K. 385 – “Haffner Symphony”
Your donations are greatly appreciated.
We thank our Virtual Concert Sponsors: Spicer-Mullikin Funeral Homes & Crematory; Mallard Financial Partners;The Practice Avoidance Happy Hour Group; Artisans Bank; Salesianum School; Delaware Division of the Arts; and Delaware Community Foundation.
December 13, 2020 Holiday Concert
NSO celebrates the Holiday Season! Special music from NSO Music Director Simeone Tartaglione; Alessandra Cuffaro, violin; and NSO Concertmaster, Serban Petrescu. Plus NSO Brass!
– “Oh Hanukkah”
– O Christmas tree
– Let it snow
– My favorite things
– Angels we have heard on high
November 22, 2020 – Beethoven
Featured soloist: Gabriel Benton, organ
– Giovanni Gabrieli, ”Canzona per Sonare No.2”
– J.S. Bach, “Passcaglia” in C Minor, BWV 582 for Organ
– Léon Boëllmann, Suite Gothique – Gabriel Benton, soloist
II. Menuet gothique; IV. Toccata
– Ludwig van Beethoven, String Trio, Op. 9, No. 3
– Eugène Gigout, ”Grand Choeur Dialogue” for Organ, Brass
NSO musicians: Alan Hodesblatt(Violin); Kathy Hutchison(viola); Michael Smith(cello); Glenn Davis(Trumpet); Keith Herron(Trumpet); LindaHeckert(Horn); James Olson(Trombone);Brian Cox(Tuba)
Many thanks to the Grace United Methodist Church, Wilmington DE for donating rehearsal space for this concert.
October 25, 2020 – Vivaldi “Four Seasons”
- A special National Anthem ‘TILE’ orchestra Project
- Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings (in remembrance for all the victims of COVID-19).
- Vivaldi, Four Seasons featuring NSO Concertmaster Serban Petrescu
Our panel of experts takes viewers through the history of Antonio Vivaldi’s Four Seasons violin concertos. They discuss Vivaldi’s life, the history of the baroque concerto as well as how to perform one, and the programmatic nature of the works themselves. Simeone Tartaglione, Russell Murray, and Mike Kelly join the conversation this week on Program Noted, hosted by Niki Purdy.
June 21, 2020 – Free Father’s Day Virtual Concert
NSO Fathers perform music featuring their children!
Commentary by NSO music director, Simeone Tartaglione.
– Gary Oberparleiter, NSO trumpet, with his arrangement of Con Te Partiro by Francesco Sartori and with his daughter, Cassidy, singing “Nothing Stops Another Day” from the Broadway Musical “Ghost”.
Kevin Freer, NSO cello, performs Edward Elgar’s, “Salut D’Amour”
– Opus 12 with his son, Sam. Deborah Freer, piano. Seth Freer, recording.
Steve Getty, NSO french horn, and his son Dan Getty, drummer, electronic musician, and sound engineer perform Sonata 1984 composed in 1966 by the American horn player and composer, Don Haddad.
Greg Fain, Friends of NSO Guitarist, performs his original song “The Only Thing to Do”, with his family.
May 17, 2020 – “A Virtual Concert from Our Homes to Yours”
Introduction by NSO board president, Jack Bartley
Duet performances by:
Concertmaster Serban Petrescu (violin) and his wife Tatyana Roytshteyn (piano)
Bela Bartok, Romanian Folk Dances: No. 1
Stick Dance No. 2
Sash or Waistband Dance No. 4
Principal bass Niki Purdy and assistant conductor S. Mordecai Fuhrman (piano)
Vivaldi, Sonata in A minor: I – Largo ; II – Allegro
Maestro Simeone Tartaglione (piano) and his wife Alessandra Cuffaro (violin)
Excerpt from Paganini La Campanella
Mannino, Presto from Violin Concerto No.2